Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gun Control or Out of Control

I do not think that no one has the right to own a gun. I think people of sound mind, mental health, and no criminal background can have the right to bear arms. Equally, I think the NRA and the "I have a right to own a machine gun" types are frightening extremist. There ought to be strong limits on who own guns and it should be more difficult to get a gun.

But the devil is in the details. What should "gun ownership policy" look like? I don't know the answer, but the question is important.

With that in mind, look to this segment from Sixty Minutes. There appears to be a very scary "gun craze" hitting the nation and it's too easy for too many people to get guns - often guns that go way beyond their needs.


Watch CBS Videos Online

No matter what the right answer to how the law should look on gun control I think we can all agree that the extreme "right to ownership" groups are just plain crazy ... and dangerous.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from many different points of view are welcome. But I will not publish any comments that are hateful, insulting, or filled with profanity. I welcome and encourage dialogue and disagreement but will not publish any hate speech.