Saturday, June 27, 2009

Conservative Pastor Versus Liberal Professor: A Video Debate

One of the best friends I've had in my life, Isaiah Surbook, is a evangelical pastor in Kentucky. He is something of a fiscal and social conservative. As a fiscal and social liberal, I naturally have very different views from my friend.

Isaiah and I have been having a friendly debate on youtube about whether there should be a government funded health care plan - the so called "public option" that Obama favors. Rev. Surbrook is opposed to this idea; Professor Wion is for it.

Of course we are very good friends, who each greatly respect each other, and each owes to the other a great deal; therefore, this debate is very friendly, kind, and mutually respectful. With some modesty, I also think that both our views are intelligently presented and well thought out.

With all the bad blood between liberals and conservatives, all the shouting matches, I thought it might be worthwhile to post here a friendly and good-natured debate.

So here is that debate via YouTube:



















Isaiah may yet have another response ... feel free to follow on youtube and see.





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from many different points of view are welcome. But I will not publish any comments that are hateful, insulting, or filled with profanity. I welcome and encourage dialogue and disagreement but will not publish any hate speech.